or 4 fortnightly payments of $193.75 with More info
WaterUps® ELC Enviro Garden Kit
The Enviro Garden Kit price includes free shipping.
Embed sustainable practice in your service with this WaterUps® special Early Learning Centres Enviro Garden Kit which includes a self-watering wicking bed, a worm factory and specially designed online environmental course. Supported by a wide range of educational resources and ideas to help children explore the natural world and embrace sustainability this kit is designed to make learning interesting and fun.
COVID 19 UPDATE – all product is in stock and we will process and despatch your order within 48 hours, however, due to significant increases in freight shipments being experienced by the major couriers and a number of factors relating to the pandemic please anticipate a delivery time of around 5 – 7 working days. For orders that are shipped in multiple boxes (eg 1680 Oasis Kit beds) we’re currently seeing some occasions where boxes are delivered on different days so if this occurs, please wait 48 hours before reporting only part of your order has been delivered. Generally by then the situation has been resolved.
Embed sustainable practise in your service with this WaterUps® special Early Learning Centres Enviro Garden Kit which includes a self-watering wicking bed, a worm factory, and specially designed online environmental course. Supported by a wide range of educational resources and ideas to help children explore the natural world and embrace sustainability this kit is designed to make learning interesting and fun. Gardens and worm farms contribute to sustainability because:
- they are, or are close to, organic or permaculture systems
- they use natural fertilisers such as compost, manures, or worm ‘juice’. Worm farming and composting are sustainable systems that also manage the centre’s waste.
- they operate in closed-loop of food production, with organic waste composted and returned to the garden
- they often use harvested rainwater or stormwater
- locally grown foods reduce food transportation and therefore reduce carbon emissions
- fresh garden produce has no packaging and therefore reduces waste sent to landfill.
WaterUps® Oasis self-watering wicking bed
See here for details. Once set up, this low-maintenance and water-efficient garden bed can be left for several weeks without needing to be watered again – ideal to overcome the challenge of keeping plants alive during weekends or longer breaks. This self-watering wicking bed kit comes with everything needed to install a fantastic growing environment in your centre. Just add soil, water, and plants and you have a living garden for children to learn about and work with.
Small Green Steps Program
See here for more details. This program helps ensure your Early Learning Centre continues to achieve environmental education and sustainability outcomes and provides a range of practical “how to” guides and useful information to assist install and maintain sustainable practices. This resource provides:
- A four-part online ENVIRO program designed to be completed by Childcare Centres as a group. The program will give you all you need to embed sustainable practices across your service and help you encourage children to develop.
Tumbleweed Worm Factory
See here for details. Worms fascinate children, making them perfect pets. Keeping a worm farm is an easy way to recycle food scraps in a childcare environment. As worm farms are suited to large or small spaces and can be kept indoors - you can keep numerous worm farms to meet your requirements. A worm farm has many environmental benefits, including recycling food scraps, minimising food waste that goes to landfill, and creating natural garden fertiliser. A worm farm is an excellent early learning resource. Our Enviro Garden kit worm factory includes:
- Worm Factory (2 tray system)
- Worm Farm and Compost Conditioner
- Rectangular Worm Blanket
- Coir brick
- Instruction booklet
Please note, worms not included.
|Dimensions||1620 × 550 × 450 mm|